Monday, June 8, 2009

The Meeting: The history lesson

Jerome:
Perhaps we should all go around and tell how Latin helped us in our lives.

Horace:
Good idea. I shall go first. In my life I have had my ups and downs. When my allies lost the civil war I thought for sure it was the end of me. And when I returned to Rome, there was nothing left for me. But then I found my calling, writing in the language that i so greatly love. Latin literally saved my life.

Jerome:
For me, Latin became a teaching tool. Through my writings I was able to bring a civilization out of the dark and into light, spreading the good news of the Bible.

Cat:
Latin sucks. I poured my heart and soul into that language and you know what it got me? Nothing. Just a broken heart and some lackluster fan mail. I know that my poetry is celebrated and hated and everything in between for my efforts but it never got me anything.

Jerome:
Well at least we're keeping on a positive note

No comments: